I LOVE TELEVISION. I get so invested in my TV series that I can’t just watch something and stop watching it altogether. So here are the TV series I watched this year split into three categories. Don’t worry, I tried not to give any spoilers. Hahaha!
This category is for TV shows that are so good, I have to watch them with Jim (and vice versa) or we’ll get pissed off if one of us watches it without the other. Haha. It’s nothing crazy, we just like to discuss our shows, ok?!?
- Game of Thrones Season 4 – UGH. GO ARYA.
- MasterChef Season 5 – We are big fans of the show and this season I was rooting for Leslie and Elizabeth, while Jim had a huge crush on Courtney. I was so annoyed by Courtney and how cocky she was from the very start.
- Grey’s Anatomy Season 8 – We’re so late in the game but OMG we’re not ashamed to say we both love this show hahaha. You love and hate the characters and this season, Meredith seems to be extra lovable.
- Modern Family Season 6 – Still love this family.
- Orange is The New Black Season 2 – Season 3 please come sooner.
- Parks & Recreation Season 6 – I can’t believe the next season will be the last one!!! I will miss you so much, Leslie Knope!
- Silicon Valley – This was a really good show! Can’t wait for more! It’s about a group of nerds trying to make the next big thing in the world of apps and technology haha.
- Mad Men Season 7 – Rooting for Peggy and I’m so sad because I love Meagan Draper.
Stuff I watch and keep in the background while I’m surfing the web, washing the dishes, etc. It’s mostly girly stuff I can watch without Jim haha. I’ve tried to force these shows on my other girl friends just so I have other people to talk to about it haha.
- Downton Abbey Season 5 – This show continues to fascinate me with their first world problems. Hehe.
- The Mindy Project Season 2 – OMG I just found out that season 3 is out WTF. Hahaha will start watching it now. Season 2 was so much funnier that the first season and I’m so happy because I love Mindy Kaling!
- How To Get Away With Murder – Another Shonda Rhimes hit. It’s not as exciting as Scandal but it sure kept me guessing! Viola Davis stars as a law school professor with very attractive students hahaha.
- Jane The Virgin – I reaaaaally liked this show! It’s about a virgin who gets artificially inseminated by accident. So funny and I like that it doesn’t try so hard. Jane also reminds me of my grade school seat mate. I wonder where she is now.
- Marry Me – When Happy Endings got canceled, it broke my heart. Funny girl Penny Hartz (Casey Wilson) married Happy Endings creator David Caspe and went off to star in his new show about a new marriage. K lang siya. I only like the lead characters, everybody else seems so fake. I’ve only watched `til the 3rd episode though. Maybe it gets better?
- Revenge Season 4 – Emily’s face is so peg-able. And I’m still super in love with Daniel! What the heck is happening with this series?? I love everybody and don’t want anyone to take the fall for all of their shit. Go Victoria Grayson!
- Scandal Season 4 – I am so into this show hahaha. Ang ganda ganda mo, Olivia Pope!!
- Pretty Little Liars Season 5 – OMG, Mona!!
- Devious Maids Season 2 – Hahaha I watched Season 1 and 2 this year and I got hooked. Created by Marc Cherry and produced by Eva Longoria of Desperate Housewives so it’s got a lot of those elements that made DH really fun to watch.
- Mistresses Season 2 – I watched the first two seasons of this and I’m not sure I’d still watch the next seasons. I’m just mesmerized by that Asian girl who played Sun in my favorite TV show LOST.
- Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons – Can’t stay away from these girls.
WHAT I MISSED
- The Leftovers – From Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof. Need to watch this HBO show.
- Penny Dreadful – Is this any good? I just know Josh Hartnett and Eva Green are in it.
- Gotham – I need to get on this!!! Jim Gordon tries to figure out who killed Bruce Wayne’s parents.
- A to Z – They say this romantic comedy is really good. It stars the mother from How I Met Your Mother, Christin Milloti. No idea what it’s about.
- Black-ish – This has gotten good reviews and has been likened to Modern Family.
- True Detective – I know. I know.
- Orphan Black – I’m intrigued.
What did you watch this year? I feel like I’m missing some shows!