Do you have a hard time getting enough rest at night? I’m constantly on the lookout for tips on productivity and I know for a fact that I work better when I get at least 8 hours of sleep. While our going-to-bed rituals all differ, here’s a suggested formula that I got from Lifehacker.com.
If you want a simple approach to sleeping better and taking control of your mornings, Fitness coach Craig Ballantyne at the Early To Rise blog recommends you follow the “10-3-2-1-0″ formula:
– 10 hours before bed: No more caffeine
– 3 hours before bed: No more food or alcohol
– 2 hours before bed: No more work
– 1 hour before bed: No more screen time
– 0: The number of times you hit the snooze button in the morning
Easier said than done, I know. But it makes a lot of sense and it’s easy to remember! I really want to be able to sleep earlier on nights when my band Cheats doesn’t have gigs. I want to be in bed by 10pm at the latest. A good night’s sleep means a productive day for me! Just wanted to share this with you guys in case you’re also looking to sleeping better.