If you’re a fan of the HBO’s Game Of Thrones like I am, you probably already know that it’s returning for its ten-episode fifth season this Monday, April 13 at 9AM exclusively on HBO. Yup, that’s right — it will be shown here in the Philippines at the same time as the U.S. telecast. This saves us from idiot spoilers online!! Don’t you agree that there’s a special place in Satan’s pwet for people who spoil TV shows, movies, and books?
Well I got the privilege to see the first episode of the newest season just this Wednesday, April 8 at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street, and lucky for you I am totally anti-spoiler! Plus, I signed a nondisclosure agreement so technically I could get sued if I say anything too revealing about what I saw. Lelz.
It was a great experience to be one of the select few to be the first Asia to watch the new episode of Game of Thrones days ahead of its worldwide broadcast!!
To celebrate the return of the series and its April 13 world premiere, HBO Asia has brought a life-sized replica of the Iron Throne to Manila!
From April 8 to 23, you can take photos sitting on the throne which you can find at the ground floor of my favorite bookstore FULLY BOOKED Bonifacio High Street. When you take a photo, don’t forget to use the hashtags #HBOAsiaGoTS5 and #IronThronePh so we can all see it!!
This is where you should stop reading if you haven’t finished season 4 of Game of Thrones. Bye, Felicia!
I want to go into more detail about GoT because OMG I am so excited for the fifth season!! Here’s a reminder of where we left some of the characters last season:
- ARYA STARK (Maisie Williams) – She killed the Hound, just as she said. Man, I was really starting to like them together. Arya wanted to go to The Wall to see Jon Snow but she boarded a boat that was on its way to Braavos which is a city we’ve never seen in the series before.
- BRIENNE OF TARTH (Gwendoline Christie) – She found Arya but lost her while dueling with the Hound. She’s stuck with Podrick Payne the super nice but malas squire.
- JON SNOW (Kit Harrington) – Poor Jon Snow lost Ygritte when the wildings attacked Castle Black. Huhuhu feels.
- SAMWELL TARLY (John Bradley) – Currently still in the friend zone with Gilly who’s now residing in The Wall with her baby.
- MANCE RYDER (Ciaran Hinds) – The wildling king is now Stannis’ prisoner.
- STANNIS BARATHEON (Stephen Dillane) – Ugh I hate this guy. Yeah, he saved the Night’s Watch from the wildlings but he brought that stupid
bitchwitch Melisandre with him.
- TYRION LANNISTER (Peter Dinklage) – Killed his traitor of an ex-girlfriend and his dad. He killed his dad pa while he was on the toilet. In all fairness to everyone’s favorite Lannister, those two totally deserved to die!!
- VARYS (Conleth Hill) – Helped Tyrion get away by hiding him in a box and jumping on a boat with him to a far away land. I’m so excited for the two of them!!! #TeamTyrion
- JAIME LANNISTER (Nikloaj Coster-Waldau) – Helped Tyrion escape. Grabe yung turn of events noh from the pilot episode where we hated this guy because he pushed Bran Stark out the window tapos now we love him na because he’s really a good guy naman. Or is it just me?!
- CERSEI LANNISTER (Lena Headey) – I know I said Tyrion’s everyone’s favorite Lannister but I’m kind of torn. I LOVE CERSEI. Last time we saw her, she tried to have Tyrion killed because she really believes Tyrion killed Joffrey. Guys, hindi ba to pwedeng pag usapan?? Puro kutob nalang ba at chismisan kaya nauuwi sa patayan?! Use your words. Lelz.
- KING TOMMEN (Dean-Charles Chapman) – Cutie baby boy Lannister is now king after Joffrey’s death.
- MARGAERY TYRELL (Natalie Dormer) – There’s something about fictional scheming bitches that I super love!! That’s why she clashes with Cersei because pareho lang sila haha. King Joffrey’s dead so now she’s been seducing King Tommen so she is still queen.
- LADY OLENNA TYRELL (Diana Rigg) – The actual King Joffrey killer fled King’s Landing.
- SANSA STARK (Sophie Turner) – She’s now in the Eyrie with Baelish, accepting the fact that the man who married her aunt but who’s always been in love with her mom is now trying to get with her. I think she’s finally going to stop being such a basic bitch. Girl looked fierce at the end of season 4.
- PETYR BAELISH (Aidan Gillen) – Killed his wife and Pervy McPerv is now totally macking on Sansa. I think he’s the cleverest gameplayer though. Smart, well-thought moves.
- THEON GREYJOY (Alfie Allen) – A.K.A. Reek is still totally brainwashed by Ramsay Bolton.
- DAENERYS TARGARYEN (Emilia Clarke) – She put two of her dragons in the catacombs because of bad behavior. They’re just being teenagers. Lelz. Khaleesi is so perfectly nice and smart, I really feel like it’s too good to be true. Take note that I haven’t read any of the books ha so please don’t spoil it for me but I think Khaleesi is bound to f— up some time soon.
- MISSANDEI (Nathalie Emmanuel) – Khaleesi’s pretty translator is super flirting with Grey Worm the Unsullied.
- ELLARIA SAND (Indira Varma) – She saw her beloved Oberyn’s death at King’s Landing.
A lot of people are also getting very excited about the fact that an Asian actress is joining the cast for the fifth season. Jessica Henwick plays Nymeria Sand, one of the bastard daughters of Ellaria Sand and Oberyn Martell. About the first episode of season 5, I will say this: it totally pushed a lot of storylines forward.
Are you excited to watch the premiere on Monday? Don’t forget that it airs on April 13th at 9AM with a primetime telecast of 9PM on HBO. It’s also available on HBO GO on the same day. Feel free to discuss below but no spoilers unless you’d like to enter Satan’s butt! Teehee.