While I do miss having a newborn in the house, I think Jim and I have got our hands full with our two boys right now!🤪 Pancho is turning 3 in February and Vito just turned 15 months old. Para akong nagtatampo na “wala na akong baby huhuhu” pero di pa naman ako ready magkaroon ng isa pa (if at all LOL)!! So while I’m in this phase I call I-Want-Another-Baby-But-Not-Really, I’ll just help out the ones who are actually expecting!
Here’s a quick rundown of things I think every mom should have before their baby arrives!
- Diapers – Buy boxes of newborn diapers – you will need a LOT of them! Waiting for a sale and buying in bulk is a mother’s dream haha. Kebs na sa fashion sales — we now set our alerts for baby essential sales!! For my babies, I used Pampers Baby Dry from the very start. Thankfully, I’ve never had to deal with diaper rashes because of its Triple Pwet-tection from heat, wetness, and skin irritants! Did I mention it’s smart mom-approved?✔️
- Changing pad – I haven’t heard of any newborn not accidentally peeing or pooping on their parents during the split second their diapers are undone.
- Wipes – It’s so important to use wipes that have ingredients gentle enough for babies’ skin. I use Pampers Sensitive Wipes not just at home but more importantly when we’re outside with the boys!
- Newborn clothes:
- Mix short sleeves and long sleeves!
- I like to get a lot of plain white because it’s easier to just throw together in the wash and they boys just always look so fresh and clean in all white!!
- Mittens to prevent scratching their face with their nails
- Socks to keep their precious tiny feet warm
- Bonnets to help regulate their temperature as they usually won’t have a lot of hair at first!
- Side tie access is my fave because I’m very gentle on my babies especially during the first few days!
- Easy access to change diapers because you’ll be changing it a LOT.
- Baby-safe Laundry Detergent – Make sure to do your research on what’s safe for babies because their skin is very sensitive and we don’t want to irritate them!
- Blankets – Sleep Sacks are great (the one with zippers) and safer for babies but if you’ve spent your days watching a million swaddling videos on YouTube and feel like you’re ready for it — go and get regular receiving blankets.
- Burp cloths – they’ll be spitting up a lot and you’ll want a lot of these if you don’t want to keep changing your clothes!
- Nursing pillow – As a breastfeeding mama, this really saves my back!! You can also use it when the baby gets older for tummy time or practicing sitting up!
- If you plan on eventually bottle-feeding, don’t buy a lot of bottles from the same brand at once because your baby will really choose his/her preferred bottle so just buy one at a time. TIP: You may be tempted to ask for old ones from your friends but even if you buy a brand new nipple, for them, normal wear and tear through the years may have deteriorated the plastic so it’s safer to buy new bottles.
- Bathtub – Honestly any tub will do, but I will recommend one that helps keep your newborn baby in place. For me, a stool is also essential for my back. (Yes, new moms really tend to get back issues!!!)
- Bath soap – Make sure to go for a brand that has the gentlest ingredients! I’m really not exaggerating when I say your baby’s skin is very sensitive.
- Soft hooded towels
- Soft-bristle hairbrush
- Cotton buds
- Cotton balls
- Nail clippers
- Medication in case of fever
I think I figured out why I’m getting a little baby-crazy right now. I was going through last year’s Christmas photos and saw my babies and just got emotional! They are growing up way too fast 😭
I’ll probably get over this once the new year rolls in!! Haha! Right now, allow me to congratulate you guys who are awaiting their newborns or those who have just recently welcomed a new bouncing baby!! Waaaahhhh I’m so inggit. LOL. Enjoy their first year as it will go by soooo quickly.
For more tips on taking care of your newborn, visit the new Pampers Smart Parenting Hub!
*This is a sponsored post but the views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author (AKA ME!) staying true to only supporting the products that I really use!